Cookbook:Spicy Plantain Chips
- 2 green plantains, mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 quarts peanut or canola oil for deep-frying
- Combine plantains, salt, black pepper, the chile, and garlic. Shape into rounds about the size of a thin slice of potato.
- Heat oil to 375F. Add rounds, 6-8 at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Drain on a cooling rack set above a sheet pan and season immediately with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm or room temperature.