Cookbook:Spicy Mexican Omelet
Here's a tip for making good omelets: Cook the things that you want cooked before you add it into the eggs, and have everything at room temperature.
- 3 eggs, uncracked
- 2-3 pinches fine sea salt
- 1 habanero or serrano chile, finely minced and seeded if you like
- 1/2 cup salsa, room temperature
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro/coriander, finely chopped
- Cover eggs with warm but not scalding water. Let sit 5 minutes or until room temperature.
- Beat eggs with salt. Set aside.
- Combine chiles, salsa, cilantro, and cheese. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick over medium high heat. Quickly swirl with butter and add eggs. Cook until egg is set and well browned on side facing pan.
- Sprinkle salsa mixture evenly on uncooked side of egg. Fold in half and cook raw side until set and well browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve warm.