Cookbook:Spicy Fried Wings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No need for wing sauce. These are already plenty hot.
- 12 whole chicken wings, tips removed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- Cornmeal as needed for dredging
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine seasoning except lemon zest and then sprinkle over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine egg and lemon zest in a pie plate and place cornmeal in another pie plate.
- Heat oil to 350°.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture and then dredge in cornmeal.
- Fry in batches for 11-12 minutes. Drain on a rack. Please don't use paper towels unless you want greasy chicken.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flake for hotter wings, but this is completely optional. Serve.