Cookbook:Spicy Fried Okra
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This recipe is not for those of you that will call the fire department if you taste a chile.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 40 okra, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- Hot sauce
- 2 ½ quarts peanut oil
- Kosher salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine salt, peppers, and ½ cup flour. Coat okra with flour mixture.
- Dip okra into hot sauce and dredge in remaining flour, adding more as needed. Let rest 2–3 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pot or a deep-fryer to 375°F. Add okra, 6 at a time, and fry 3–4 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a cooling rack and repeat until all okra has been fried.
- Sprinkle fried okra with additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve warm.