Cookbook:Spicy Crab Cakes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
These crab cakes get an extra kick from cayenne pepper.
- 1 pound lump blue crab meat
- 1 tbsp Old Bay
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice of two lemons
- Oil for deep frying
- Panko breadcrumbs as needed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine all ingredients except for oil, panko, and egg. Shape into 4 equal patties.
- Dip into egg then dredge in panko. Fry at 375° just until heated through and golden brown. Serve with chipotle remoulade sauce. (below)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce puree
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.