Cookbook:Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Italy | Pasta Recipes
|Spaghetti Aglio e Olio|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Boil spaghetti in sufficiently salted water until al dente.
- Peel cloves of garlic and crush them gently with the heel of hand.
- Heat 2–3 mm olive oil in a pan. Add garlic, and cook until it takes on a golden color. Take care not to let the garlic get too dark, as it will become bitter.
- Remove garlic from the oil.
- Drain the finished spaghetti and add to the pan with olive oil.
- Spice with pepper, mix everything, and serve with parsley.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- For a stronger taste slice the garlic and leave in the olive oil when adding the pasta.
- Try frying the parsley in the oil.
- Try adding some butter to the oil.
- Spaghetti aglio e olio is traditionally served without cheese.
External links[edit | edit source]
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio at Wikipedia.