Cookbook:Soup alla Canavese
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Soup alla Canavese|
Soup alla Canavese is a tasty Italian soup.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes by Emily Waters.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ ea. cauliflower
- 2 oz (55 g) butter
- ½ ea. onion, chopped
- ½ ea. carrot, chopped
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- Bacon, chopped
- White stock
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Blanch the cauliflower, then break into small bunches.
- Melt the butter in a pot, then add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, and bacon. Fry until softened.
- Add white stock and boil for a few minutes. Strain the stock to remove the solids.
- Mix the tomato purée into the stock, then bring to a boil.
- Mix in the cauliflower, sage, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in grated parmesan and pepper.
- Serve with additional grated parmesan.