Cookbook:Snickerdoodles (Boston Globe)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cookies
This snickerdoodle recipe is originally from the Boston Globe, June 14, 1898, pg. 8. Attributed to M. Elizabeth Adams.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- Alternately mix the flour and milk into the batter to make a dough.
- Drop dough on a greased or lined baking sheet in spoonfuls.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in a quick oven.