Cookbook:Smokey Millet Super Grain Bowl With Crispy Tofu
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gluten-free, vegan-friendly blackberry oat bars that could be breakfast Monday morning.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups cooked millet
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ears of corn, off the cob
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 package riced cauliflower
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 packages gluten-free baked tofu, teriyaki flavor, diced into 1/4-inch squares (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle pepper in Adobe sauce, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh chives, thinly sliced
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Cook the millet per the package instructions using water or vegetable stock. Once cooked, remove from the pan and place in a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly toast the walnuts until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, finely chop and add to the cooked millet.
- Place a large sauté pan oven medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, but not smoking, add the corn. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir to incorporate. Cook until the corn is a vibrant yellow color, about 4-5 minutes. Add the scallions and cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove form the heat and place in the bowl with the millet.
- Place the pan you used for the corn back on a medium-high heat. Add an additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add the cauliflower rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and beginning to brown. Remove from the heat and add to the millet mixture.
- Wipe out the pan and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. When hot, add the diced tofu and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally as needed until the tofu begins to brown and get crispy, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to the millet-mixture.
- Add the desired amount of chipotle to the millet-tofu mixture based on your desired heat preference. Adjust the seasoning as needed. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide among serving bowls. Garnish with sliced radishes and chopped chives. This grain bowl can be served at warm or at room temperature.