Cookbook:Serbian Flatbread (Lepinja)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Serbian Flatbread (Lepinja)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 350 g (about ¾ lb) white flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 30 g fresh yeast
- Warm (not hot) milk
- 8 oz warm water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix sugar, salt, and yeast into a little warm milk. Let stand for a few minutes until foamy.
- Mix the yeast mixture into the flour.
- Add the warm water, and knead the dough until it doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Cover dough with a cloth, and put it in warm place (for instance near a heater) until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough again, and let rest until it doubles again.
- Knead it some more, and sprinkle with some flour.
- Put the dough in the greased pan in which you plan to bake it, spreading it out until it's about ½ inch thick. Let rest for about half an hour.
- Bake in a 400–420°F oven until golden an inserted toothpick comes out clean.