From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Béchamel sauce with grated cheese
Yields: about 1 pint
- 1½ cups sauce béchamel
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated, combined with
- ¼ cup gruyère cheese, finely grated
- In a saucepan, combine the sauce béchamel and the cayenne.
- Stirring constantly, heat the sauce until it comes to a simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary.
- If not served immediately, you may dot the surface with butter to prevent a skin from forming.