Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 l (8 cups) red wine
- 2 peaches
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
- 3 lemons
- 125 (1/4 cup) ml brandy
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Pour the wine in a container large enough -2 l or 8 cups- to hold all the ingredients. Add the lemon juice, orange and lemon segments, apple pieces, and banana slices. Add sugar and brandy; stir to mix well using a wooden spoon. Add cinnamon.
- Keep in the fridge for at least an hour. Add ice cubes 15 and let it stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve in tall glasses, including fruit bits. Don’t forget a spoon to eat the fruit once finished with sangría.
Comments[edit | edit source]
- The longer –up to 24 hours- the fruit is macerating in the wine, the better the taste. In that case, add the banana slices 1 hour to ½ hour before serving to prevent them from getting too soft.
- You can use any kind of fruit you like. Try other liqueurs instead of brandy.
- For a lighter version, add 1/2-1 l (2-4 cups) lemonade instead of the lemon juice.