Cookbook:San Francisco style Scallop Ceviche
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|San Francisco style Scallop Ceviche|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound (450 g) bay scallops
- ½ cup (125 ml) lemon juice (about 3–4 lemons)
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine the scallops and lemon juice. Add more juice as needed to cover the scallops.
- Refrigerate, covered, and stir often for 2 hours, until the scallops become opaque.
- Combine the bell peppers, vinegar, oil, cayenne, and salt into a food processor or blender, and purée.
- To serve, spoon the sauce onto individual plates, drain the scallops, and place them on the sauce. Garnish with slices of avocado.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- For a more Southwestern flavor, replace ¼ cup lemon juice with lime juice, and replace the bell peppers with New Mexico chili peppers.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
- Eating raw seafood can cause illness if it is not fresh.