Cookbook:Salted Mustard Greens and Shredded Meat Noodle Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Salted mustard greens and shredded meat noodle soup (雪菜肉絲麵) is a Chinese dish composed of salted mustard greens (雪裡紅), shredded pork (肉絲), soup stock, and noodles. Many Chinese restaurants in the US serve this dish. All quantities are approximate.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Wash and dry the mustard greens.
- Add salt to the greens.
- Seal in a plastic bag and store in the refrigerator for several days.
- Cut the pork tenderloin meat into tiny strips. Marinate the meat with corn starch, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Retrieve the semi-pickled mustard greens and dice them.
- Using a wok, stir-fry the meat until it is slightly brown. Remove the meat from the wok.
- Stir-fry the salted mustard greens until slightly brown.
- Place the meat back into the wok and add soup stock and water. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the soup with noodles.