Cookbook:Salmon with Rice and Sauce
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.|
|Salmon with Rice and Sauce|
Formatting and other tips used from: Cookbook:1-2-3-4_Cake. This recipe will be specific regarding the ingredients. There will be a specific recipe and then there will be optional bits(which will not be described in Wikidata, at least that was not the plan at the moment of this edit) which are to be added in this specific recipe.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- "Salmo Salar" Atlantic salmon (Q188879) (250g)
- Jasmine rice jasmine rice (Q2733021) (3 dl)
- Crème fraîche crème fraîche (Q1142459) (1 dl)
- hot/chili -sauce hot sauce (Q522171) (0,5 dl)
- carrots carrot (Q81) (100 grams)
- peas pea (Q25237) (100 grams)
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- colander colander (Q1057060)
- cutting board cutting board (Q617239)
- kitchen knife kitchen knife (Q599312)
- stock pot stock pot (Q15711817)
- stove kitchen stove (Q182995)
Procedure (brief)[edit | edit source]
- Salmon: Take 2 pieces of salmon from the freezer which together weigh approximately 250g and put them in the sink or a larger pot
- Salmon: Fill up the sink(or the larger pot) with 40 degrees Celcius hot water and fill it so that the plastic salmon package floats on it
- Salmon: Prepare the oven and set it to 170 degrees Celcius with heat source top and bottom.
- Rice: Measure 3 dl(300ml) rice and put it in the stock pot
- Rice: Go to sink with the pot and fill with cold water so the rice gets covered
- Rice: Pour water and rice from pot into a "strainer" sieve (Q381155)(a colander (Q1057060) can also be used as long as the rice sticks to it when the water drains). Let the strainer stay inside the sink. If some rice stays in the pot in this step while all water has drained it is ok.
- Rice: Get rice from strainer into the stock pot using a large spoon so all remaining rice ends up in the pot.
- Rice: Pour 5 3/4 dl water into the pot with the rice, make sure to use the spoon to make sure that all rice is in the water and put on the pot lid.
- Rice: Put pot on stove with highest power 9/9 and from now on watch the rice regularly
- Rice: When rice starts boiling lower power to 3/9 and put timer on 20 minutes
- Rice: If the rice boils too much lower the power to 1/9
- Sallad: Place approximately 100g carrots on the cutting board
- Sallad: Place kitchen knife and peeler on cutting board
- Sallad: Rinse the carrots under cold water
- Sallad: Peel the carrots
- Sallad: Cut the carrots in 4 equal in length pieces and cut each one in the middle
- Sallad: Put carrots in an empty soup plate soup plate (Q87718085) for salad
- Sallad: Get the peas from the freezer and put 100g of them in a plate or soup bowl and thaw them in the "strainer" and pour water on them so they will thaw quickly. Even just using cold water will still thaw them.
- Salmon: Once the salmon has fully thawed, cut the container holding the salmon using scissors and drain it of any liquids it contains
- Salmon: Put the salmon in a cake tin cake tin (Q87714281)
- Salmon: Wash your hands because of the smell of salmon and throw the broken salmon container into the trash(unless you can clean it well enough to remove the smell)
- Salmon: Place crème fraîche and hot sauce on table along with a bowl(or small rectangular container), a big spoon and a measuring tool for 1 dl(100ml).
- Salmon: Put approximately 1 dl crème fraîche in bowl using spoon, then let spoon stay in bowl
- Salmon: Pour 0.5 dl hot sauce in measurement tool for 1 dl and put contents in bowl. Later rinse measurement tool and put it in the sink
- Salmon: Mix contents in bowl using spoon until it becomes mostly homogeneous, sauce is now finished!
- Salmon: Pour sauce over salmon using spoon inside the cake tin so it fully covers the salmon.
- Cleaning: Rinse the sauce bowl with water and put in sink
- Salmon: Put cake tin in oven and put timer on 15 minutes
- Set the table
- Enjoy the meal!
Procedure (detailed)[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
Method[edit | edit source]
Optional replacement ingredients[edit | edit source]
These ingredients can be used to replace the standard ingredients of this recipe in case you have other species of parts of the ingredients:
- any salmon related with Salmonidae (Q184238)
- any salmon related with salmon (Q2796766)
- Sallad: Romaine lettuce Romaine lettuce (Q1762893) instead of peas.
- Cut the Romaine lettuce in 1 cm pieces and move to soup plate
Execution[edit | edit source]
In this section you/users can add how long it took for you/the users to cook a certain version of this recipe(using a permanent link is advised or noting the date it was cooked). To save space we use maximum 2 lines per user. This might serve as a way to see if the recipe is too complex, if it takes too much time(would help as feedback in optimizing steps). The time it took to cook this meal: