Cookbook:Salmon with Rice and Sauce
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.|
|Salmon with Rice and Sauce|
Formatting and other tips used from: Cookbook:1-2-3-4_Cake.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 250 g Atlantic salmon (Q188879) fillet, fresh or frozen
- 3 dl uncooked jasmine rice (Q2733021)
- 5.75 dl water
- 1 dl crème fraîche (Q1142459)
- 0.5 dl hot sauce (Q522171)
- 100 g carrots (carrot (Q81))
- 100 g frozen peas (pea (Q25237))
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- colander (Q1057060)
- cutting board (Q617239)
- kitchen knife (Q599312)
- stock pot (Q15711817)
- kitchen stove (Q182995)
Procedure (brief)[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- If using frozen salmon, put the plastic-packaged fillets in the sink or a larger pot.
- Fill up the sink or pot with 40˚C water so that the plastic salmon package floats.
- Prepare the oven and set it to 170˚C with heat source top and bottom.
Rice[edit | edit source]
- Place uncooked rice in stock pot.
- Fill the pot with cold water so the rice gets covered.
- Pour water and rice from pot into a sieve (Q381155) or colander colander (Q1057060). Let the strainer stay inside the sink. It is okay if some rice stays behind in the pot after all the water has drained.
- Transfer drained rice from strainer back into the stock pot using a large spoon. All remaining rice should end up in the pot.
- Add the water to the pot with the rice, stirring to combine. Make sure that all rice is in the water, and put on the pot lid.
- Put pot on stove over the highest heat. Check the rice regularly, and when the rice starts boiling reduce the heat to low. It should at most be at a low simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Salad[edit | edit source]
- Place the carrots on the cutting board.
- Place kitchen knife and peeler on cutting board.
- Rinse the carrots under cold water.
- Peel the carrots.
- Cut the carrots in 4 equal in length pieces, and cut each one in the middle.
- Put carrots in an empty soup plate (Q87718085) for salad.
- Put the frozen peas in a plate or soup bowl and thaw them in the "strainer". Pour water on them so they will thaw quickly. Even just using cold water will still thaw them.
Salmon[edit | edit source]
- Once the salmon has fully thawed, open the container and drain off of any liquids it contains.
- Put the salmon in a cake tin (Q87714281).
- Wash your hands because of the smell of salmon, and discard the salmon packaging.
- Put the crème fraîche in a bowl using a spoon, then let spoon stay in bowl.
- Add the hot sauce to the crème fraîche. Mix with spoon to make a mostly homogeneous sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon in the cake tin, so the sauce fully covers the salmon.
- Put cake tin in preheated oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve the cooked salmon with the rice and prepared salad.
Procedure (detailed)[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
Method[edit | edit source]
Ingredient substitutions[edit | edit source]
The following ingredients can be substituted for the standard ingredients of this recipe:
- Any kind of salmon related to Salmonidae (Q184238) or salmon (Q2796766)
- Romaine lettuce (Q1762893) instead of peas—cut the lettuce in 1 cm pieces and proceed with recipe.
Execution[edit | edit source]
In this section you/users can add how long it took for you/the users to cook a certain version of this recipe(using a permanent link is advised or noting the date it was cooked). To save space we use maximum 2 lines per user. This might serve as a way to see if the recipe is too complex, if it takes too much time(would help as feedback in optimizing steps). The time it took to cook this meal: