Cookbook:Roasted Meatballs (Kyufteta)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kyufteta - Bulgarian roasted meatballs.
- 1/2 lb pork, chopped (not too fatty)
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of crumbled bread (preferably at least a day old)
- 1 egg
- black pepper, ground
- white pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme (or as much fresh as you like)
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead well.
- Form the mixture into balls approximately 1" (2.5 cm) in diameter and flatten them until ½" (1.5) thick.
- Place the balls in a baking pan spread with a bit of oil or cooking spray and roast at medium or high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn the meatballs over and roast another 5 minutes until golden brown on the other side too.
- When ready immediately remove from pan and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess fat.
Serve hot with salads, or your favourite sauce. Enjoy!