Cookbook:Rigatoni Pasta with Ricotta in Tomato Cream Sauce
(Redirected from Cookbook:Rigatoni pasta with Ricotta in Tomato Cream Sauce)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Rigatoni Pasta with Ricotta in Tomato Cream Sauce|
Rigatoni pasta with Ricotta in Tomato Cream Sauce
Pasta with Ricotta cheese in a tomato cream sauce topped with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 16 ounces Rigatoni (or other) pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large pot bring 2 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook Rigatoni pasta for 11-minutes (or until al dente), drain and set aside until needed.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and heat oil in a large skillet.
- Lightly sauté onions and garlic cloves, don't brown. Cook about 5-minutes.
- Drain canned tomatoes, dice and add to skillet with onions and garlic.
- Also add to skillet tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in ricotta cheese. Mix well and simmer for 5-minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and sugar. Mix well and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to cooked Rigatoni pasta. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top.
- Serve hot.