Cookbook:Rigatoni Pasta with Ricotta in Tomato Cream Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Rigatoni Pasta with Ricotta in Tomato Cream Sauce|
Pasta with ricotta cheese in a tomato cream sauce topped with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 16 oz rigatoni (or other) pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup finely-chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh minced basil
- ½ tsp fresh minced oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large pot bring 2 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook Rigatoni pasta for 11 minutes (or until al dente), drain and set aside until needed.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and heat oil in a large skillet.
- Lightly sauté onions and garlic cloves, don't brown. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Drain canned tomatoes, dice and add to skillet with onions and garlic.
- Also add to skillet tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in ricotta cheese. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and sugar. Mix well and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to cooked Rigatoni pasta. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top.
- Serve hot.