Cookbook:Red and White Onion Tapenade
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Prep. Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 0 min.
- Yield: 1 and 1/3 cups (about 315 ml)
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 ounces (160g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped white onions
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Toasted baguette or rustic bread slices
- In food processor with motor running, drop in garlic and chop. Turn off motor and add olives, onions, capers, lemon peel and thyme. Pulse to chop to coarse consistency.
- Add olive oil and pulse to just blend keeping texture in mixture.
- Serve with toasted baguette or rustic bread slices.