Cookbook:Red Cross Fudge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Red Cross Fudge|
|Time||20 minutes plus cooling|
Red cross fudge is a delicious, easy fudge that works every time and never crystallizes.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
For 4 pounds (1.8 kg):
- 4½ cups (1 kg / 2.2 lb) sugar
- 0.5 pounds (230 g) butter
- 1½ cups (375 ml / 12.7 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (120 g / 4.2 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz (340 g) real chocolate chips
- 2 cups (120 g / 4.2 oz) chopped walnuts
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook on medium heat for 11 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, walnuts to fudge and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered pan and let cool.
- Cut into squares when it cuts without melting back together but before it becomes crumbly.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Substituting margarine for butter makes the fudge oily. Imitation vanilla affects the aroma.
- Other varieties of chips (vanilla, butterscotch, etc.) work as well.