Cookbook:Puttanesca Sauce (Vegan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Sauce of the Harlots"
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼–½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz / 830 g) of crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup of chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup of chopped pitted salt-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons of capers (rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté over medium heat until garlic starts to brown lightly.
- Add oregano, pepper, olives, capers, and tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add parsley and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pour over 1 pound (450 g) of cooked pasta, and serve.