Cookbook:Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please don't try to do this in the oven 'cause you'll just ruin it.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 quarts water
- 12 ounces pickling salt
- ¾ cup honey
- 6-8 lb Boston pork butt, trimmed
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp dehydrated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper (more if you like)
- 1 ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Several pounds of apple wood
- Hamburger buns for serving
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine water, salt, and honey in a 6-quart cooler. Add pork and refrigerate or place a large bag of ice on top for 8-12 hours.
- Remove pork from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Combine remaining seasonings and rub on pork.
- Light a few chunks of apple wood and place in the firebox of a smoker. Keep temperature in smoker around 210°F.
- Place in a smoker and cook for 8-12 hours, changing wood as needed. The meat should be tender at this point—if not, continue smoking.
- Let rest 1 hour, then shred with two forks. Serve on hamburger buns.