From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Servings||ca. 8 oz. (250 g)|
Pralin is pulverized praline, caramelized nuts which are then broken into small pieces and used as a topping or addition to dessert creams, cakes, etc.
Yield: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. water
- an oiled baking sheet or granite work surface
- Toast the almonds in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until they are light brown.
- Boil the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar turns golden brown.
- Immediately sir in the almonds.
- Reheat until liquid and pour onto the baking sheet.
- When cold (about 10 minutes), break it into pieces
- Pulverize in a blender or clean coffee grinder a few pieces at a time.
- Store in an air-tight container but use within a relatively short time period as it tends to solidify over time.