Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Servings||About 1 cup or 8 oz (250 g)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Oiled baking sheet or granite work surface
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Toast the almonds in a 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until they are light brown.
- Simmer the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar turns golden brown.
- Immediately sir in the almonds.
- Reheat until liquid and pour onto the baking sheet. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- When cooled, break it into pieces.
- Pulverize in a blender or clean coffee grinder a few pieces at a time.
- Store in an air-tight container but use within a relatively short time period as it tends to solidify over time.