Cookbook:Potato Casserole (Rakott Krumpli)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Hungary
Rakott krumpli is a popular Hungarian potato casserole.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 kolbász (Hungarian sausage) or 1 cup diced ham (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 350 grams sour cream around 40% fat (called tejföl or smetana)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cook the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and the eggs.
- Slice the potatoes, eggs, and sausage.
- Put a little olive oil in a baking dish. Arrange alternating layers of potatoes, eggs, and salt or sausage in the dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the filling, and top with sour cream.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 35 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Traditionally most Hungarian cooking used lard, preferably home-made, but olive oil works just as well as a substitution.