Cookbook:Pork Stomach Filled with Meat and Vegetables (Saumagen)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 small pork stomach (order at your butcher)
- 375 g fatless pork belly (German Schweinebauch)
- 375 g pork meat
- 375 g ground meat (German Bratwurstfüllsel)
- 1-2 rolls (put in some milk)
- 1 kg boiled potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 eggs
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Soak the pork stomach overnight and use twine to close two of the three apertures.
- Cut the meat and potatoes into small cubes.
- Stew the onions, carrots, and parsley in butter. Squeeze the garlic.
- Mix everything with the rolls and eggs and spice it well; then put everything into the pork stomach and close the third aperture.
- Put the stomach in hot water and cook for 2-3 hours. The water must not boil!
- Cut the stomach in 2 cm thick slices and serve them with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. Alternatively you can store the cooked stomach in the fridge and fry it when you are ready to eat it.