Cookbook:Poached Salmon with wild Huckleberries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Poached Salmon with wild Huckleberries –
- Servings: 5.3
- Serving size: 3 ounces
- Yield: 16 ounces
- 1 pound Salmon fillet
- 1 cup Fish stock
- 1 cup Water
- 1 sprig fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup Huckleberries
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a baking dish, pour in fish stock and water. Add Salmon fillet. Make sure salmon is covered by liquid, if needs more depending on size of pan, add equal parts water/fish stock until covered.
- Add herbs, lemon slices, and peppercorns.
- Place the in pan in the oven for 15-18 minutes until salmon is flaky.
- Serve and enjoy.
Notes, tips, and variations
Celery, carrots, pepper and fennel can be added for additional flavoring.