Thai Pineapple Curry (Thai: แกงสับปะรด, RTGS: kaeng sap pa rod) is one of the traditional curries of Southern Thailand. The recipe has crushed pineapple with juice, so this curry tastes both sweet and sour. Also, it has Vitamin C from the pineapple. Pineapple Curry is often served over rice and garnished with peeled orange slices, diced green onion, or celery.
- 175 grams pineapple (pieces)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 8 oz shrimp or whatever meat desired
- ½ tablespoons palm sugar
- ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1½ tablespoons ripe tamarind
- Prepare the ingredients by slicing a pineapple and cleaning the shrimp or meat.
- Simmer the coconut milk in a over medium heat for 5 minutes and add red curry paste.
- Put the sliced pineapple in the curry and wait until it is soft.
- Before putting the shrimp, use high heat and wait until the water boils to prevent odor of shrimp. Then put the shrimp or meat in the curry.
- Flavor the curry by adding in the palm sugar, fish sauce, and ripe tamarind. Add more palm sugar for a sweeter curry, add more fish sauce for a salty curry, or add more ripe tamarind for a sour flavor.
- http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Thai-Pineapple-Chicken-Curry-407083?columns=4&position=24%2F33. Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry. Allrecipes UK.
- http://rasamalaysia.com/thai-shrimp-and-pineapple-curry. Thai Shrimps and Pineapple Curry. Rasa Malaysia.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrJ23pnaYs. How to cook Thai pineapple curry (Easy and tasty). Chantamas Srichong.
- http://www.pim.in.th/side-dish-by-squid-crab/763-pineapple-mussel-curry. แกงคั่วสัปปะรดกับหอยแมงภู่แห้ง. พิม.
- http://foodthaicooking.blogspot.com/2013/08/blog-post_10.html. วิธีทำแกงกะทิสับปะรด. เมนูก้นครัว.