Cookbook:Bell Pepper Chili
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Pepper chili)
|Bell Pepper Chili|
Chili made with bell-peppers, served over white rice.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3–3½ pounds ground beef
- 6–8 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2–3 bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- 1 can (about 2 cups) kidney beans
- 2 cans (64 ounces) pureed crushed tomatoes
- Cooked white rice
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Put beef in a large pot.
- Fry on medium, breaking up the beef, until it turns brown. Drain grease.
- Add peppers and onions to the pot.
- Fry until the onions are transparent. Drain grease if necessary.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add kidney beans. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder and garlic salt to taste.
- Serve over white rice. Optionally, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Visual procedure[edit | edit source]
Adding the beef to the pan
Cooking the beef until browned
Draining the grease from the beef
Adding onions and peppers
Simmering the chili
Serving with cheese