Cookbook:Bell Pepper Chili
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bell Pepper Chili|
|Servings||12 (1 cup each)|
Chili made with bell-peppers, served over white rice.
- 3-3½ pounds ground beef
- 6-8 onions
- 2-3 Bell peppers
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- 1 can kidney beans (about 2 cups)
- 2 cans pureed crushed tomatoes (about 32 oz per can)
- White rice
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Chop onions and peppers coarsely.
- Defrost beef. Put it in a large pot.
- Fry on medium only the beef turns brown. Drain grease
- Add peppers and onions to the pot.
- Fry until the onions are transparent. Drain grease if necessary.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally
- Add kidney beans. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes
- Add chili powder and garlic salt to taste.
- Serve over white rice. Optionally, top with shredded cheddar cheese.