Cookbook:Penne with Hearty Meat Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Penne with Hearty Meat Sauce|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 (20-ounce) package Italian sausage
- 1 (26½-ounce) can meat-flavored spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup hot water
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Remove casings from sausages.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbled; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, and water.
- Add pasta and stir until well coated.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer over low heat 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Browned Italian sausage.jpg
Italian style sausage browned and crumbled in a skillet.