Cookbook:Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry|
|Time||Prep:15 minutes, cook:15 minutes|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Midwestern U.S. cuisine | Rice | Poultry
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup celery
- ¼ cup onion
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 small (8 to 10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup clear chicken broth
- 1 cup peanuts
- Cooked rice
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Melt butter in wok or skillet.
- Stir-fry celery and onions.
- Add chicken and mushrooms and stir over lowered heat 5 minutes.
- Combine (in separate bowl) cornstarch, soy sauce, and broth; slowly add to hot mixture in wok and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Serve over hot rice.
Notes, Tips, and Variations[edit | edit source]
- You could use cashews...it's been done.