Cookbook:Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
|Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich|
This sandwich should keep well because it has peanut butter on both pieces of bread, providing a waterproof layer to keep the bread from getting soggy. The downside is that one is more likely to get peanut butter into the jar of jam or jelly. Serve with a glass of milk.
Ingredients (for 1 person)
- Using a spreading knife, spread an even coat of peanut butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- When the bread is evenly covered, spread an even coat of jelly atop the peanut butter.
- After applying the jelly, put one of the slices on a plate (jelly side up) and place the other slice on top of the first (jelly side down).
- Use whole wheat bread or an all-grain bread, whatever kind of bread you want.
- Add in some sliced banana.
- If using a crab apple jelly, a dash of cinnamon will nicely compliment the flavours of the sandwich.
- Replace the jelly with honey.
- Replace the jelly with whipped cream cheese (a healthier fluffer-nutter) or keep the jelly and just add the cream cheese.
- Toast the bread before putting the peanut butter on it.