Cookbook:Parmesan Cheese Soufflé
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Parmesan Cheese Soufflé|
|Time||1 to 2 hours|
Parmesan Cheese Soufflé
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large egg yolks
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 2-quart soufflé dish.
- Add 1 cup cheese, tilting dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides.
- Shake out any excess.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Place the sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour into the sour cream, then whisk until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Stir in salt, cayenne, chives, and remaining 2 cups cheese.
- In a large clean bowl (copper is ideal), vigorously whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into the sour cream mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake until soufflé has risen 2 to 3 inches above the rim and top is golden brown, 1 to 1½ hours.
- Serve immediately.