Cookbook:Paneer Butter Masala
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Paneer Butter Masala|
Paneer butter masala also known as paneer makhani is a vegetarian dish from India that is also popular in the west. The dish combines paneer (Indian cottage cheese) in a butter sauce quite similar to that of butter chicken.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 200 g paneer
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 5 tsp garlic paste
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp ghee
- 5 tsp hing powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 500 g natural (plain) yoghurt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Fry paneer in ghee or spray oil, and set aside in a bowl.
- Sauté onion in oil with garlic and ginger paste until golden brown.
- Add diced capsicum and tomatoes.
- In a separate pan combine ghee, hing, cardamom, turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder, lemon juice, and cumin.
- Fry for 2 minutes, then add yoghurt.
- Cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- Add onions, capsicum, tomatoes, and paneer.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Serve with rotis or naan and rice.