Cookbook:Oven-Fried Chicken Breasts
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Here is a recipe for oven-fried chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (yes, that's got to be freshly squeezed!)
- 1/4 cup light honey
- 1 Tbs salt
- 2 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic-flavored croûtons, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- Olive oil
- Combine eggs, sauce, juice, and honey in a large dish. Dip each piece of chicken into mixture. Set aside.
- Combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Season chicken liberally with this mixture.
- Combine croûtons and cornflakes. Coat both sides of each piece of chicken with mixture.
- Coat each chicken piece with olive oil if you so desire. Insert a probe thermometer into one of the pieces and place in a parchment-lined baking pan (you can skip the parchment lining if you prefer).
- Bake at 400 degrees F until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove to a plate and let rest, covered, 5 minutes. Serve warm.