Cookbook:Orange Hot Chocolate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Orange Hot Chocolate|
Orange Hot Chocolate is a twist on the old childhood favorite. Note that this hot chocolate is not sweet. Those who like it sweeter should use a chocolate with a higher sugar content, or add 1 tablespoon sugar with the chocolate.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 cups (1 liter (1.1 US qt)) milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 ounces (110 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped (can substitute semisweet)
- ½ tsp. orange extract
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place the milk and cinnamon in a saucepan, and gently heat to just below a simmer, about 180 °F (82 °C).
- Add the chocolate, and stir while allowing to melt. Do not allow to come to a boil.
- When the chocolate has melted, strain the chocolate milk into another container, add the extracts, and whisk or blend until frothy. Transfer to mugs or heatproof glasses and serve.