This delicious sour cream and onion dip will bring back memories of carefully emptying a dried soup envelope into a tub of sour cream and gently trying to push the salty mass into the center so you can stir it without choking on instant soup dust. This recipe delivers richer, fresher flavor. Eat it with potato crisps.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ medium onion (white or yellow), minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 instant vegetable bouillon cube (enough to make 1 cup of bouillon), crushed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a small saucepan, sweat the onion gently with a pinch of salt and pepper until it becomes transparent.
- Increase the heat and sauté until the onion becomes golden-brown and forms a sticky mass.
- Add the water and crushed bouillon cube, and simmer until some of the water has evaporated and the liquid is thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the sour cream. Stir until smooth.
- Add the onion powder and taste. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Refrigerate before serving.