Cookbook:Olive Oil Bread
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
A quick, easy bread that works well with Italian foods and pastas. Try forming the dough into a round ball or a long loaf for French Bread
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° F/45 C)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl mix together the warm water (110°F), yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil.
- Stir in 2 cups of the flour in order to make a soft ball.
- Knead in additional flour so that dough is soft and not sticky.
- Place kneaded dough in a medium size greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough, and form into ball or loaf shape.
- Place onto a greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190 C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- For Glazed, shiny effect brush one egg white and one tablespoon of water (mixed) onto the bread 5 minutes before completion.