Cookbook:Olive Oil Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Olive Oil Bread|
A quick, easy bread that works well with Italian foods and pastas. Try forming the dough into a round ball or a long loaf for French Bread.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup warm water (110°F / 45°C)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large bowl mix together the warm water, yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil.
- Stir in 2 cups of the flour in order to make a soft ball.
- Knead in additional flour so that dough is soft and not sticky.
- Place kneaded dough in a medium size greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough, and form into ball or loaf shape.
- Place onto a greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise for 15–20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190°C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30–40 minutes, until golden brown.
- For a glazed, shiny effect, brush one egg white and one tablespoon of water (mixed) onto the bread 5 minutes before completion.