Cookbook:Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | North American Cuisines | Cuisine of Ontario | Desserts
The Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe here, unlike many other cookie recipes which are manipulations of straight flour-based cookies, was made specifically for use with oats in it.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup (150 g) shortening
- 1 cup (240 g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups (350 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (240 g) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (60 g) chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (60 g) walnuts
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly to break the yolks, then mix in the shortening—you should have a loose mixture.
- Mix in the brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and oatmeal together in another bowl.
- Blend the wet and dry mixes together to get a soft dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Make balls and place onto a greased or parchment-lined pan. then into an oven heated to 180°C (350°F) and let bake for between 15-20 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Experiment with more or less chocolate chips and walnuts, tastes may vary.
- Lightly coat the nuts and chips with flour before adding to the mixture.