Cookbook:North Carolina-Style BBQ Ribs
You want some tomato in your sauce, go over to the west side of N.C.
- 1 slab pork spareribs
- 6 tbsp Rib Rub
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Season ribs with Rib Rub and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients and place in a spray bottle.
- Place ribs in a 250° smoker or a charcoal grill set for indirect heat at 250°
- Cook for 5-6 hours, spraying often with vinegar mixture.
- Spray heavily with vinegar mixture and place on a high grill, turning and spraying constantly until well browned.
- Remove and let rest 15 minutes; serve.
There will be extra vinegar mixture. You can use it for almost anything including beef briskets.