No-Bake Cookies. These cookies are delicious, fast, and easy to customize.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk of any thickness
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the sugar and cocoa in a saucepan, stir well.
- Add milk and stir well, add butter and place over medium high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil -- when it reaches a rolling boil that cannot be stirred-down set timer for 1 minute, boil while stirring exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla, stir enough to melt peanut butter.
- Add oatmeal, stir to combine and immediately spoon the mixture onto a cookie sheet, leaving enough space between them for spreading out.
- Let stand on counter for at least 20 minutes to stiffen, or you may refrigerate for quicker stiffening of the cookies.
Notes, Tips and Variations[edit | edit source]
You can also use nutella to give the no-bake cookies something extra.
Rather than forming cookies, pour the hot mixture into a pie pan with a crust of Graham crackers. Once cooled, top the mix with whipped cream and fruit or any other desired topping.