Cookbook:Nigerian Rice and Beans Jollof
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Nigerian Rice and Beans Jollof|
Rice and beans jollof is a typical Nigerian food made from rice and beans. It is served with beef, chicken or moin moin.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Dried beans
- Fresh peppers
- Onions, chopped
- Vegetable oil or palm oil
- Stock cube
- Parboiled rice
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Rinse the beans, and boil in water until tender. Drain the cooked beans.
- Grind together the pepper, tomatoes, and onions to make a purée.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a pan, and add the purée. Season with stock cube and salt to taste, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the parboiled rice and beans, and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve with beef, chicken, or moin-moin.