Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||Overnight plus 30 minutes|
Mushy Peas is a popular and characteristic British dish that has helped to give British cooking its well-deserved reputation. Mushy peas are often served with fish and chips.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place the peas in two or three times their volume of water, along with the baking soda, which speeds the soaking process.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- The next day, drain the peas, and place in a saucepan with enough water to just cover them.
- Add the sugar.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to help break up the peas.
- Add water or reduce to the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.