Cookbook:Meatballs with Honey Lime Sauce
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp each dried rosemary and dried thyme
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of three limes
- Combine ingredients except for 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into balls that are 1 oz. by weight.
- Melt butter in your largest saute pan over low heat.
- Dredge balls in remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat butter to medium heat.
- Place balls in skillet, working in batches if needed, and cook until well browned and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Place in a 200° degree oven to keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with broth. Add other ingredients and bring to a boil until reduced by 1/4.
- Return meatballs to pan and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.