Cookbook:Maple Planked Salmon with Rum Glaze
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb.) side of sockeye salmon
- 1 large untreated maple planks, soaked for at least 1 hour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush salmon with oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place salmon on plank. Heat grill to medium on one burner.
- Bring rum to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and ignite. Boil until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Place plank on indirect heat and cook for 20 minutes, brushing often with rum.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Serve.