Cookbook:Macaroni and Cheese II
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Macaroni and Cheese II|
|Category||Macaroni and cheese recipes|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cheese (of the chef's preference), grated
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 egg
- dash of dried parsley and oregano
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Fill a pot with water, and add macaroni and salt. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- While waiting for the pasta to cook, heat the milk in a pot. Stir the grated cheese into milk. This should create a basic cheese sauce. If too thin, add more grated cheese; if too thick, add more milk.
- When pasta becomes tender (chef's discretion), drain.
- Melt the butter in a pot, and stir in the drained macaroni until pasta is completely coated. Crack the raw egg into the mixture, and stir until completely incorporated. Add cheese sauce and herbs.
- Stir well, and serve hot.