Jump to navigation Jump to search
Macaroni pie is a side dish that goes well with stewed chicken, callalloo or any stewed peas like pigeon peas or lentils. It can also be enjoyed on its own.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 package (225 grams / 8 oz) dried macaroni pasta
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1½ cups evaporated milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 pat of unsalted butter, melted
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Boil macaroni in salted water until tender; drain.
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- Combine macaroni, eggs, cheese, milk, onion, carrot, salt, white pepper, mustard, and butter.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and sprinkle shredded cheese and bread crumbs evenly on top.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) until firm (about 30 minutes). A fork or metal skewer should come out dry when you press it all the way through the pie.