From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
I know it says London, and it says broil, but it's the exact opposite. It's only really popular in America, and it's grilled.
- 1 (1 pound) flank steak
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp mesquite smoke powder
- Combine seasoning. Set aside.
- Brush steak liberally with Dijon mustard. Apply seasoning mixture and gently rub into meat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a charcoal grill with a chimney starter (not that solvent stuff). Reapply the grate and place the steak on top. Cook, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 145° for medium rare.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice as thinly as humanly possible across the grain. Serve warm.