From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
The lamington is a type of sponge cake (or more traditionally, butter cake), cut into squares and coated in a layer of chocolate or strawberry icing and topped with coconut.
- Make a sponge cake
- Cut up the sponge cake to desired shapes (commonly 5 to 7 cm cubes)
- Prepare a bowl of (thin) chocolate icing
- Prepare a flat tray containing an even layer of desiccated coconut shavings
- Dip the sponge cake cubes into chocolate icing
- Then immediately dip or sprinkle the desiccated coconut over the wet chocolate icing and put aside to dry (set)