Cookbook:Karedok (Indonesian Raw Vegetable Salad with Peanut Dressing)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Karedok)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements. |
The following reason was given: This recipe needs measurements and serving size
|Karedok (Indonesian Raw Vegetable Salad with Peanut Dressing)|
Karedok is an Indonesian raw vegetable salad dressed with peanut sauce.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Dressing[edit | edit source]
- red pepper
- birds' eye chilli
- grated galangal
- palm sugar
- shrimp paste (terasi/belacan)
- brackish water
- hot water
Salad[edit | edit source]
- Cucumber, sliced
- Bean sprouts
- Cabbage, sliced very thin
- Thai basil leaf
- Fried shrimp chips
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Pound the red peppers, garlic, birds' eye chilli, galangal, peanuts, palm sugar, salt, and the shrimp paste.
- Add brackish water and hot water. Mix evenly.
- Add cucumber, bean sprouts, cabbage, basil, and eggplant. Toss them to coat with the dressing.
- Top with fried shrimp chips.